Police Bank is a progressive, people-focused financial institution offering its Members a competitive range of financial products and services. With over $1.7 Billion in assets, Police Bank is one of Australia's fastest growing Mutual Banks that is taking steps towards modernised banking.
If you have a curious mindset, then it’s a fantastic time to join us as we go on a journey of digital transformation. At Police Bank we want to empower you to make a real difference in your career, for our team and our members.
About the Role
Your principal objectives would be to ensure the Enterprise Risk Framework is embedded and effectively used by first line management to identify, record, mitigate and report operational risks which arise within the first line business.
You will be responsible for making sure that we have the right systems and controls in place to protect our members and assets, while delivering optimum member and business outcomes.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing recommendations to the business regarding improvements to existing risk practices in order to strengthen controls.
- Working closely with business to determine whether control enhancements can be delivered and make sure that there is a collective and common understanding of the Bank’s risk exposures.
- Ensuring management action is undertaken and monitored through to completion to address all key risks, including but not limited to the status of risk including the immediate reporting of high rated issues and monthly status reports on projects in progress.
- Presenting findings to the business, overseeing production of risk reports for the Executive Leadership Team and Risk Committees as required.
- Facilitating regular workshops to review changes in the risk profile.
- Supporting the GM Risk in the development and embedding of systems and processes to support continuous improvement in the risk maturity of the Bank.
- Relevant tertiary or professional qualifications.
- Proven experience in Enterprise Risk Management in either first or second line, preferably gained within a retail financial services environment.
- You will have experience developing and implementing Operational Risk processes and tools within an operational environment.
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills to initiate and lead discussions with the business leaders and risk management staff, especially in facilitating risk workshops.
- You will have experience in providing risk insight and opinions to senior management.
Does this sound like the role for you? Apply now!
Should you have any questions about this position, please contact Rayna Heckenberg (Chief Risk Officer) at firstname.lastname@example.org