READY FOR ANYTHING
At IAG, we live and work by our purpose to make your world a safer place. We are motivated by a unique culture that celebrates honesty, creativity, empathy, equity and collaboration. We call it the IAG way, and it means we all share a 'ready for anything' mindset that sets the tone for positive actions and positive outcomes. We put heart into everything we do which guides us to create amazing things for our customers, our people and our communities.
We're brimming with ideas, ambition and a readiness to apply bold thinking and risk awareness to make a difference where it matters most.
As the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, we own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI. We are ready for anything.
• 6-month Secondment Opportunity
• Risk Partnering Consultant - Group Risk
Supporting Group Risk to increase the maturity of divisions first line risk management, taking into context the unique risk challenges and opportunities for the Division.
• Support the embedment of first line risk management processes and governance activities, including Divisional Assurance and Compliance Plans and incident reporting
• Provide risk management advice across all risk classes to Group Risk – Risk Champions
• Apply Group Risk Management Frameworks to Group Risk activities to improve risk practice in collaboration with 2nd and 3rd Line risk practitioners
• Identify and recommend actions to increase risk knowledge, practice and risk culture across Group Risk teams, and, to ensure Divisional compliance with all standards and obligations
• Support Group Risk - Risk Champions to deliver on identified risk initiatives and activities
• Monitor and report on all aspects of risk maturity to support the Group Risk Leadership Team and relevant Risk Committees to uplift risk capability across the Division
• Support the management of the safety and wellbeing for our people in the workplace through effective and timely reporting to the Group Risk leadership team and risk committee
Skills & Experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a risk management or compliance role in a large corporate entity
• Advanced understanding and demonstrated application of risk management frameworks and multiple risk categories
• Strong verbal communication and business partnering capability
• A strong skillset in control testing (audit or assurance) will be highly regarded
• Understanding and experience in risk assurance role, controls testing or auditing experience
• Tertiary qualifications in Economics /Accounting / Finance / Law or related fields desired
• Relevant industry or specialism qualifications e.g.: ANZIIF, AS/NZS ISO 31000:2009 (Risk management -principles and guidelines)
Ready for anything? Let’s talk.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply’! Applications close on Friday 22nd January 2021
IAG rewards and recognises its people with generous benefits, career development opportunities and real work-life balance. Employees also enjoy 13% superannuation, up to 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work programs, various corporate partner discounts and a people-focused culture that celebrates achievements big and small.
Creating a workforce that actively embraces diversity, inclusion and a sense of belonging is key to our success. We believe in treating everyone fairly which means that inclusion, removing barriers, striving for equity and embracing diversity are woven through our values and behaviours. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities and are committed to providing a work environment that enables you to thrive, whatever your circumstances. If we can provide support with access requirements, alternative work arrangements please advise us via your application.
IAG has committed to the reconciliation movement in Australia for First Nations people and focus on providing a safe and supportive work environment for all our employees. More information on our Reconciliation Action Plan can be found on our company website.