How will I help?
Enterprise Risk plays a critical role in identifying, monitoring, and managing a range of risks. We provide expert advice and help our business partners make informed decisions. We ensure we have appropriate controls and frameworks in place to protect our business and our customers.
The CORE program (Customer Outcomes and Risk Excellence) has been initiated to support the organisation to manage our response and strengthen the management of risk, to ensure we are making decisions that place the customer at the centre.
Working to the Workstream Program Director, you will support the Risk Reporting SME lead in the role as Business Analyst, where you will support the stream SME lead to establish and support the implementation and embed program for the deliverable.
- Support the SME lead in the strategic and day to day operation of the Risk Reporting program
- Ensure the workstream meets the needs of key stakeholders and is aligned to the overall strategy;
- Define and document business requirements, complete discovery activities and document findings.
- Provide input into potential business solutions and once selected, design business processes, identify changes to processes, policy and/or information that support achievement of the targeted business outcome for the deliverables.
- Apply a varied suite of analytical and problem-solving techniques to abstract information from various stakeholders.
- Ensure work is documented to an audit-standard level of quality including ensuring sufficiency of audit evidence.
- Ensuring adherence to Group project execution framework in compliance with Finance and Enterprise Investment Services.
- Manage the development of detailed plans, including allocation of tasks, prioritisation of resources and execution in line with committed timeframes.
- Provide regular status reporting including prompt escalation of any concerns.
- Help monitor progress to target state through collation and reporting of key metrics.
- Support the development of all stakeholder reporting and communications.
- Help assess change impacts to requirements across multiple and complex streams when new needs or solutions are identified ensuring alignment with scope, change strategy and project timelines without strong management guidance.
- Support the Change Director in preparing business impact assessments and communications plans for the proposed change and/or recommended business solution.
- Ensure that project risks are proactively identified and managed in accordance with set risk frameworks.
- Facilitate informed discussions about any risks and impacts arising from the program.
- Prepare business impact and risk assessments for the proposed change and/or recommended business solution which mitigates the risks with associated costs and benefits.
- Facilitate challenging discussion in relation to risk with relevant stakeholders.
- Support the Workstream SME Lead and the Program Director in the analysis, development and management of the and management of the RAID log (Risks, Assumptions, Issues & Dependencies).
What’s in it for me?
You will play an important and significant part in the future of a business that has been around for 200 years. Our vision is to become one of the world’s great service companies. So, we will back you in the development of your career, with internal career prospects and flexible working. You will also be backed by a fantastic team of people in a can-do, supportive structure.
What do I need?
- Experience in a risk related role, project or program
- Experience with change management projects including people change.
- Proven experience working in a Business Analyst capacity, ideally within Financial Services.
- Have led business analysis activities / deliverables on related projects.
- Proven experience in delivering risk management artefacts (risk registers, issues logs, dependencies, etc.).
- Demonstratable experience in analysing and drawing insights from data (as we will need Statements of accountabilities, JDs, org charts, closure packs etc etc)
- Strong stakeholder management experience working with senior stakeholders and external vendors.
- Demonstrable experience applying formal business analysis tools and techniques to practical project scenarios.
- Experience in Agile delivery, including supporting tools, e.g. Jira / Confluence.
- Presentation skills to high quality and speed: PowerPoint critical and other tools advantageous.
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience desirable.
- Knowledge of project management disciplines.
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Highly developed communication skills, including written and verbal
- Builds effective relationships and assimilates information quickly
- Self-starter – manages to high quality and time
- Driven to deliver – proven ability to deliver the best possible results for the organisation; and shows determination, resourcefulness, and a sense of purpose in achieving this
- A team player – willing to step in and assist with other program tasks as needed
What is it like to work in Westpac?
As well as good pay and a great culture, joining the Westpac family means you will get some of the best banking, wealth, and insurance benefits in the market. We back our employees by helping them work towards industry-recognised qualifications, using online learning, training modules and career planning tools for you to grow with us. We will even pay you to do volunteer or community work. As an equal opportunity employer, we are proud to have created a culture and work environment that values diversity and flexibility – and champions inclusion.
How do I Apply?
Start here. Just click on the APPLY button!
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. We invite candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is our top priority. We’ve developed clear standards to ensure our people are confident, safe and healthy whether they’re working from a Westpac Group site or working from home. These are based on expert medical advice and Safe Work Australia guidelines.