Perks is recognised as one of the largest, privately-owned mid-tier accounting and wealth advisory firms in Australia. The Perks Team works towards its vision of helping people and private businesses to grow and prosper.
Perks has experienced rapid growth since its establishment in 1981, now proudly counting over 190 Team Members within the firm. Perks prides itself on its strong cohesive culture and development of future leaders and continues to invest in the systems, skills and growth opportunities that support its people and the work they do. About the Role
As the Risk Specialist, you will play a key role in managing Risk & Compliance for the Chartered Accountants (CA) Teams within the firm, ensuring that accounting practices comply with legal and professional body obligations and that risks are managed according to risk appetite.
In this role, you will take a pro-active approach in finding practical solutions to compliance requirements and develop reporting to ensure compliance is maintained, while focusing on client outcomes. You will work across all areas of CA to identify risks, form treatment plans and develop suitable controls. You will continually monitor control effectiveness and provide regular management reports to the CA board.
You will work closely with CA Team members to identify process improvements and efficiencies to deliver best practice risk and compliance, whilst fostering a strong risk and compliance culture. Responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- Identify, record and assess risks, and develop appropriate treatment plans
- Work with the wider team to ensure treatment plans are completed in a timely manner
- Create and review group policies and procedures and associated guidance materials
- Conduct regular reviews of the risk register
- Perform control validation to review control design and operational effectiveness
- Review, rate and manage incidents and implement corrective actions and procedural changes
- Review privacy and data breaches and escalate qualifying breaches to external legal counsel
- Attend regular training and meetings to support the ongoing education of risk specialists
- Foster and maintain strong support for an inbuilt compliance culture
- Provide regular Risk & Compliance management reporting to the CA board
Some of the skills, experience and attributes that you would bring to the role are:
Culture and Benefits
- Understanding of risk management and compliance principles
- Knowledge of the Corporations Act and Accounting Professional & Ethical Standards Board (APESB) obligations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective, collaborative relationships
- Demonstrated negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to grasp and apply new concepts and adapt to change
- Ability to anticipate potential issues, problem solve and provide recommendations
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
At Perks, we pride ourselves on our high-performance culture whilst maintaining a healthy work-life balance. If you’d like to work in an environment that fosters strong relationships, values teamwork and nurtures the capabilities and potential of our team members, you’ll feel right at home at Perks.
Some of the benefits include:
How to Apply
- An industry competitive salary package with annual review process
- Flexible working arrangements
- Progression, training, and development opportunities
- Regular social & networking events
Please click APPLY NOW and send us a resume and cover letter detailing your current experience and what motivates you to apply.
If you have any questions please contact Amy Ryan, Talent Acquisition Specialist on firstname.lastname@example.org
or (08) 8273 9345