About Legal and Risk
Legal and Risk delivers high-quality, integrated, expertise-based professional services and advice to facilitate agile decision making and enable external compliance in support of the University’s operations and purpose.
About the role
As the Senior Audit Officer, you will support the development and accomplishment of a comprehensive risk based annual audit program that is aligned to the strategic directions of the University.
You will also provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services that will add value to the auditees operations and promote a university-wide continuous improvement culture.
You will have an advanced understanding of internal audit methodology and practical experience in applying the IIA International Professional Practices Framework. Your effective influencing and conflict resolution skills will allow you to deliver high level strategic advice on governance, control and risk management strategies to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness of their portfolios of activity.
You will also have:
- a graduate qualification in related discipline (e.g., Accounting, Audit, Management) and extensive experience with a large, complex organisation (preferably within the Higher Education Sector) and a CPA qualification and membership of CPA or IIA.
- Significant experience in report writing and effectively delivering presentations to auditees, management teams and committees.
- Significant knowledge in management through leading small teams.
- Significant knowledge of data collection and analysis with experience in computer aided auditing techniques (CAATS).
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria* found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria