How will I help?
The Credit Risk Centre of Excellence is responsible for credit approval, portfolio management, credit policy along with relevant controls and process, systems and data across all Westpac’s credit portfolios. It is a 2nd line independent control function responsible for overseeing Westpac’s credit risk lifecycle (origination, evaluation, approval, monitoring and problem loan management) including compliance with the Credit Risk Management Framework and Credit-related prudential standards.
An opportunity has become available for a Senior Business Analyst to join the Credit team to significantly contribute to a regulatory remediation project within the portfolio.
· Driving successful achievement of various remediation activities by working with key stakeholders to: Document / understand current status quo.
· Validate requirements for changes to credit processes, prudential standard obligations, controls and credit frameworks.
· Support / execute the development, delivery and implementation of key project deliverables.
· Represent credit as a subject matter expert and be key conduit back to the business and project to enable decision making within the project.
· Understanding internal Westpac credit processes, policies and frameworks.
· Contributing to overall project success proactively identifying any risks, issues and constraints during delivery.
· Attend project meetings including Project Working Group and provide required inputs (as applicable)
· Running working groups with key stakeholders on project deliverables you are accountable for
· Management of other project delivery lifecycle requirements
What’s in it for me?
You will play an important and significant part in the future of a business that has been around for 200 years. Our vision is to become one of the world’s great service companies. So, we will back you in the development of your career, with internal career prospects and flexible working. You will also be backed by a fantastic team of people in a can-do, supportive structure.
What do I need?
· At least 5 years banking or BA experience
· Current or previous credit, financial markets and or APRA regulatory knowledge would be highly desirable.
· Experience with facilitating workshops and assimilating information into tangible project deliverables
· Ability to work to tight timeframes, prioritise and manage time across multiple activities.
· Ability to accept responsibility and excel in a high achievement orientated environment with a strong focus on being a change facilitator.
· Ability to take accountability for deliverables.
· Ability to build successful business relationships.
· Ability to influence others to drive results.
· Strong presentation and communication skills
· Strong organisational and time management skills
· Self-Starter with an ability to work without high levels of supervision and an ability to work in a collaborative / team environment.
· Candidates with previous credit, policy or regulatory experience would be highly regarded.
What is it like to work in Westpac?
As well as good pay and a great culture, joining the Westpac family means you will get some of the best banking, wealth, and insurance benefits in the market. We back our employees by helping them work towards industry-recognised qualifications, using online learning, training modules and career planning tools for you to grow with us. We will even pay you to do volunteer or community work. As an equal opportunity employer, we are proud to have created a culture and work environment that values diversity and flexibility – and champions inclusion.
How do I Apply?
Start here. Just click on the APPLY button.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. We invite candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is our top priority. We’ve developed clear standards to ensure our people are confident, safe and healthy whether they’re working from a Westpac Group site or working from home. These are based on expert medical advice and Safe Work Australia guidelines.
Our people are our highest priority, and we are committed to placing our redeployees in available roles before we review other applicants. (For Internal posting only)