The Senior Manager, Compliance Australia is responsible for providing knowledge and expertise in relation to the compliance requirements driven from local legislation in Australia and Group Policy requirements (based on European and Global legislation) for Country Banking, the Lending Business & Human Resources.
This role will require you to Act as the compliance business partner to the Country Banking and Human Resources divisions on all compliance related matters. This includes providing compliance advice on general enquiries and laws, rules, regulations, local and group policies
- Be the key liaison with Country Banking and Human Resources to support the implementation and embedment of the Compliance Framework, Standards and Policies.
- Be the point of contact for Compliance related matters within the Country Banking and Human Resources divisions and be responsible for the management of the related queries, ensuring responses are addressed within agreed timelines.
- Support Country Banking and Human Resources to enhance compliance with key local and global obligations through appropriate review and challenge, providing advice and delivering training as required.
- Provide opinions and recommendations on compliance matters to Senior Management.
- Support the Country Banking and Human Resources division to define, enhance and implement compliance across the value chain, including appropriate governance and reporting.
- Act as the Compliance SME providing technical advice with the objective of assisting divisions to ensure compliance risks are adequately managed.
- Provide the business with guidance on control design in line with the Group Standards and drive the development of a consistent and complementary control environment for compliance risks.
- Bachelor of Commerce/ Economics/ Business/ Laws or relevant industry qualification, or proven solid banking and finance expertise.
- Minimum 8 - 10 years Banking, Compliance and / or Risk Management experience gained within the Financial Services Industry, primarily in risk and compliance related areas.
- Demonstrated expertise in risk and control practices.
- Experience in writing and delivering technical training to non-technical audiences
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply. To apply please click apply or call Dylan Mountford on 02 8289 3171 for a confidential discussion.