At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and closed borders, we can only review AU/NZ Citizens, PRs and those with working rights at this time.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join the Enterprise Risk Team, as part of EY Business Consulting in Melbourne. Within Enterprise Risk we assist our clients build trust and confidence to support the achievement of strategic priorities and demonstrate good governance.
As an experienced risk professional within our team, you will be able to support a wide range of risk services, participating in teams working on our client’s most important challenges relating to:
- internal audit;
- strategic risk management;
- integrated compliance management;
- business performance variability;
- business and process controls transformation;
- program and project risk management;
- security and resilience;
- enterprise governance, risk and control (GRC) technology enablement;
- risk culture; and
- vendor and contract risk management.
Your key responsibilities
- Lead and guide the team and client to identify, assess, manage and report on upside, downside and outside risk to support the execution of strategy and drive improved performance.
- Design, implement and operationalise approaches to the management of strategic, operational and compliance risk including through the development and delivery of risk-based internal audit programs which comply with professional standards.
- Assist clients to understand risks, controls and their design and operating effectiveness to support good governance and improved performance.
- Design and execute strategic internal audit plans which provide coverage of key enterprise-level and operational risks, and report on progress and outcomes to C-Suite and Board-Level stakeholders.
- Nurture client relationships to achieve service expectations, deliverables and outcomes.
- Keep up to date with innovative practices in enterprise risk and compliance management, program management and assurance to support upskilling of the team and delivery of leading practice services to the client.
- Manage day-to-day delivery of projects to ensure scope coverage, effective risk management, quality assurance and delivery to margin / budget.
- Contribute to pursuits and / or business development activities to build market presence.
- Contribute to performance management through formal and informal mentoring relationships designed to develop both technical and soft-skills.
Ideally, you must have
- Australia/New Zealand working rights (Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other AU/NZ visa)
Effective written and verbal communication and engagement skills, including exceptional report writing abilities (including policies, procedures, frameworks etc).
- Strong business acumen, commercially focused attitude and the willingness to innovate to achieve improved engagement outcomes.
- Inspiring leadership capability with the motivation to develop others, build high performing teams and effectively delegate with appropriate levels of support.
- Excellent project management skills including ability to lead fieldwork, draft deliverables and engage effectively with executive stakeholders both within the team and the client to drive outcomes.
- 6 – 9 years’ experience in professional services or risk-related roles in industry.
What we offer
Continuous learning: personalised career development including coaching, experiences and formal learning so you’ll develop the mindset and skills you’ll need to thrive in the future.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
At EY, you’ll be rewarded and recognised based on your performance and our comprehensive benefits package can be tailored to your individual needs.
We hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via ***************@au.ey.com or phone +61 3 8650 7788 (option 4).
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process may be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.