Who We Are
At Pepper, we’re focused on helping people succeed. Whether that be buying a family home, dream car, developing professionally or growing their business.
We aim to provide options for our customers and make a real difference to their lives. Underpinning all that we do are our three core values:
- Can Do - We think outside of the box and leverage the power of teamwork to deliver,
- Balanced - We set our customers up for success, producing win-win outcomes that are both human and profitable, and
- Real - We respect people and keep it honest.
Pepper has grown to become one of Australia’s largest non-bank lenders and has been recognised as Australia’s Best Specialist Lender over the last 9 years. In 2021, Pepper celebrates its 21st birthday.
About The Role
The Technology team is looking for a Senior Manager – Technology Risk who is passionate about growing our brand and has demonstrable experience working in similar role at a mid-senior level.
The Senior Manager of Technology Risk is responsible for leading oversight of Technology Risk, ensuring that Risk management as a discipline is implemented, embedded and effectively managed within the Technology community. The chosen candidate will:
- Be accountable for delivering the Technology Risk Strategy and embedding the Operational Risk Management Framework,
- Oversee and provide guidance and insight to Technology investment
- Advise and coach the Technology team to help identify, monitor, measure and manage its risks and controls,
- Develop, drive and facilitate key Technology risk activities including Incident (Risk Event) Management, Issue Management, Risk and Control Assessment, and Risk Reporting,
- Lead the formation of a Technology Risk community and appropriate Technology Risk Forums,
- Liaise directly with Pepper’s Risk community to ensure Technology alignment and adherence, building trusting and effective working relationships.
- Develop and maintain Technology’s Risk culture and Risk-related education of Technology colleagues,
- Support the development, implementation, and operational effectiveness of Pepper’s cybersecurity capability, and
- Lead Technology-related Audit activity.
To succeed in this role, you’ll have:
- Recognised Risk accreditation or equivalent (e.g. CRISC),
- +7 years’ of Operational Risk / Compliance advisory experience in Financial services related industry,
- Demonstrable experience of influencing senior business leadership, strategic thinking and effective prioritization,
- Extensive knowledge of Risk Management practices and processes, including Incident and Issue Management, Risk Profiles, Risk Assessment, Control Design / Management and Self Assessments,
- Strong understanding of Australian Regulatory framework in the context of Technology / Information Security,
- Strong understanding of Data-related principles and their applicability and relevance in Technology context,
- Strong understanding of Cybersecurity-related Risk Management and effective methods to manage, track and report,
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; motivate and influence teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; challenge as required; execute with limited information and ambiguity,
- Solid influencing skills,
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure,
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally,
- Strong presentation skills, and
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Other Technology-related accreditations,
- COBIT accreditation,
- ITIL Accreditation, and
- Experience in Small to Medium size business, managing end-to-end Risk lifecycle.
We’re committed to making Pepper a great place to work and supporting you. We will offer you a values-based and diverse environment, a leadership team that supports and inspires you to strive for success and a culture that rewards and recognises strong performance and potential. We have a wide range of benefits on offer including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and development opportunities
- Free gym membership
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Purchased leave
- A home loan and employee referral program
- Discounted loan rates
- Employee recognition program
- Extensive wellness program including free flu shots
If this role sounds like it’s for you, we want to hear from you. For more information on Pepper visit www.pepper.com.au.
Pepper is proud of our inclusive and diverse workplace that we have built over the last 20 years. Diversity is embedded in our people practices, the way we communicate and connect with each other, and it is recognised throughout our values.