Our client is an international bank and one of the leaders in the Food and Agriculture business.
Senior Manager/ Manager Product Governance
(Less experienced candidates will be considered for the Manager role)
- Job Overview & Purpose:
The product Governance Manager will ensure the changing regulatory, banking policy and community expectations are accounted for and delivered via our product offering balancing this with delivering a good client experience. The role will work closely with Senior Product Managers to ensure Rural & Retail products are managed in terms of technical correctness of all customer facing and internal facing information. Analysing risk events, compliance and regulatory events to address thematic issues and addressing this. The role will be the gate keeper of all product policy across Rabobank AU and ensuring our obligations are met. The role will also work with external providers (e.g. card schemes) to understand how changes in scheme requirement impact our products.
Context of Job:
The role reports directly to the Head of Product Governance. The role will play a vital function in regards to risk and compliance and have close alignment to compliance, Legal, Risk and Operations to ensure our Products are in line with our legal and regulatory requirements."
• Degree qualified minimum, master’s degree desirable
• 10 years plus in the banking or financial services industries
- Broad financial services experience with knowledge of corporate banking products and the financial services regulatory environment
- Experience influencing and negotiating with a broad set of stakeholders
- Significant experience of engaging with senior management teams
- Proven change management capability, displaying ability to drive projects/work streams independently and with limited business direction
• Excellent understanding of various risk governance & frameworks
- An understanding of Risk Management within the financial services industry and related regulatory standards
- Understanding of compliance and risk function within the bank
- Knowledge of Food & Agribusiness sectors
- Good working knowledge of New Zealand and Australian regulatory requirements as necessary
- Knowledge and experience of large company enterprise wide operations is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Australian banking sector