Senior Manager Enterprise Risk Advisory
Do work that matters
Reporting to the Executive Manager, Enterprise Risk Advisory, you will work as part of a small team responsible for the development and maintenance of CBA's Risk Management Framework.
See yourself in our team
The Enterprise Risk team forms part of the Group Risk Management function supporting the Group Chief Risk Officer and Business Unit/Support Unit Chief Risk Officers to execute the outcomes of Risk Management in the most effective way for the organisation.
In any given week you will
- Support the Executive Manager, Enterprise Risk Advisory in the design, implementation and oversight of CBA's Risk Management Framework. This includes activities such as:
- Risk Appetite design, cascade and support to reporting process;
- Supporting the Board to complete their Annual APRA CPS220 Risk Management Declaration (RMD) and managing the monthly RMD update reporting process;
- Identifying and advising solutions for current and potential future gaps in the Group risk framework;
- Support research, assessment and reporting to the Board of emerging risks to the Group;
- Risk disclosures for the Annual Report and key transactions; and
- Developing Group-wide risk education materials.
- Research risk management better practice by monitoring internal Group activities and external market trends and the regulatory pipeline to guide the Group in delivering effective and efficient approaches to the way we define, manage, monitor and report on risk
- Role model a collaborative culture across the Risk Management function work with our business partners to better incorporate the risk management into the way we do business.
- Provide advice and support the delivery of meaningful reporting in the area of risk management to the Board and management committees, our risk-type framework owners and CROs, Business Unit/Support Unit risk teams to make conscious risk decisions that are within Risk Appetite.
- Support the management of strategic risks and new or emerging risks facing the banking and financial services sector.
We're interested in hearing from people who have
- Demonstrated experience in developing and shaping organisational Risk Management Frameworks;
- A strong technical risk and control background, with experience across non-financial, financial and strategic risks types;
- Strong communication and report writing skills;
- Delivered meaningful reporting and insights to senior leaders;
- Proven ability to advice and influence stakeholders as well as the ability to build rapport at all levels of the organisation;
- Proven ability to make sound commercial decisions, and solve problems and drive outcomes with optimal results; and
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline - business or risk discipline
We have a supportive culture that encourages personal interaction and does not tie you to a desk. We come together and learn from one another. We're all about being a proactive and positive function that helps the wider business thrive.
Whether you're passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career here is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive and flexible workplace. One where we're driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you'll thrive. You'll be supported when faced with challenges, and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
We're determined to make a real difference for Australia's first peoples. We encourage all interested applicants to apply. If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick [link removed] to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.