SENIOR MANAGER RISK PROGRAMS
About the team:
Group Corporate Services manages the property and procurement functions for the Group. You will be part of a team that is at the forefront of building transformational change to the Procurement team, whilst keeping the Group safe. Supplier Risk has recently been rated number 2 globally as the most important operational risk in the financial sector, with a number of threats around cyber, information security and privacy. You will manage projects or bodies of work that will place us at the cutting edge of supplier risk transformation, while addressing regulatory and legal requirements.
Group Procurement, specifically;
Facilitates the commercial negotiations, contract creation and ongoing performance across our supplier landscape. As part of Group Corporate Services we provide solutions that deliver optimal value and manage risk through sustainable partnerships with our business, suppliers and external stakeholders.
Senior Manager Risk Programs will be accountable for:
- Assist in the optimisation of operational risk management for Procurement, and the development and maintenance of an effective process/function to ensure mitigation of all supplier risk across the end to end.
- Delivery of robust, well governed project management over Risk initiatives to ensure timely and cost effective delivery of outcomes
- Deep understanding of the procurement function, and how it operates to ensure seamless delivery of risk programs, that are a constant requirement in an ever changing threat environment.
- Provide commercial, value-added and insightful advice to Procurement and our stakeholders to optimise supplier operational risk management for the Group.
- Support in the development of strong change management across Procurement to ensure sustainable robust implementation, with adequate controls.
- Continuous improvement and simplification of the operational risk practices/processes including the identification of opportunities for streamlining and productivity.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Provide direct support to the Executive Manager, Risk Programs and Remediation
- Provide leadership, strategic advice and project delivery on Supplier Risk outcomes in response to regulatory, legal or Board driven initiatives
- Provide robust governance and oversight in the governance of Risk programs, and lead in the development of sustainable process metrics
- Ensure risk guardrails, and the Group's Risk Appetite, are honoured and knowledge across the Procurement business is established and sustained
- Deliver quality project outcomes on time
- Drive a cost efficiency and risk mindset across Procurement
- Review and implement opportunities to automate and streamline Supplier Risk processes and reduce costs
- Provide input to high quality reporting and insights to governance councils, risk committees, group executives and Board
- Where required, assist to develop procedures for the management of Supplier Risk across the Group, act as a trusted advisor to stakeholder groups
- Work closely with the Third Party Risk Steward to build Group wide understanding and capability over Third Party Supplier Risk
- Support inclusion of Supplier Risk training to Group stakeholder groups
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- At least 4 years in operational/compliance risk with supplier risk experience preferred
- Experience delivering projects or programs of work, with outcomes delivered to scope, time and cost
- Experience delivering strategic risk initiatives, including determination of people, process and technology implications
- Strong understanding of operational risk management and compliance disciplines
- Sound understanding of information security management, Privacy, IT service continuity, IT disaster recovery, business continuity management, and third party control assurance
- Proven experience in report writing and presentation skills to senior management within large organisations
Whether you're passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career here is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive and flexible workplace. One where we're driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you'll thrive. You'll be supported when faced with challenges, and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
We're determined to make a real difference for Australia's first peoples. We encourage all interested applicants to apply. If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick [link removed] to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.