How will I help?
Westpac Group Risk plays a critical role in identifying, monitoring and managing a range of risks. We ensure that however or wherever we operate, we have controls and frameworks to protect our business and our customers.
The CORE Program will be delivering the required uplift to improve the management of risk and within this Program there are eight Risk Workstreams helping to drive and deliver the requisite uplift across the Group.
This role will be responsible for supporting these workstreams by helping to govern their successful execution inclusive of high-quality reporting.
- Develop a deep understanding of the intent and objectives of the CORE program and the components of the transformation agenda as documented in the Integrated Plan.
- Take accountability for supporting Risk workstreams by managing the expectations of key stakeholders on progress (eg Workstream sponsors) through high quality reporting.
- Identify stakeholders, develop and maintain collaborative working relations, and influence decisions in order to arrive at the best possible outcomes.
- Lead smaller teams of business analysts in eliciting and analysing key information.
- Collaborate with individual Workstream Project Managers and Central CORE Program colleagues via the CORE Portfolio lead to ensure delivery against project milestones.
- Manage key CORE governance and oversight mechanisms for Risk Workstreams. Examples include Board and Director Touchpoint sessions and associated reporting.
- Work with Project Managers to drive regular reporting on the progress of detailed activities (to achieve compliance with overall CORE Integrated Plan) through the WAVE reporting tool and other reporting mechanisms.
- Help manage weekly stand ups for all Risk Workstreams.
- Manage RAID (Risk, Assumption, Issues, Dependency) registers across all Risk Workstreams by ensuring these are refreshed on a regular basis and key items have action plans and are escalated as appropriate.
- Help prepare monthly briefing packs for key stakeholders such as GM Enterprise Risk or the Group CRO.
- Help manage financials, tracking spend and forecasting across all Risk Workstreams.
- Ensure that risks (project and operations) are managed in accordance with frameworks, including governance and escalation frameworks.
- Prepare business impact and risk assessments for the proposed change and/or recommended business solution which mitigates the risks with associated costs and benefits.
- Facilitate challenging discussion in relation to risk with relevant stakeholders.
- Management of the RAID log (Risks, Assumptions, Issues & Dependencies) including timely reporting and escalation of any key items.
- Work collaboratively with project team, Technology and Group Risk BAU colleagues to foster a culture of learning with a relentless focus on continuous improvement.
- Understand and adhere to Enterprise methodologies and processes such as the Project Execution Framework (PEFm) and Requirements Development Framework (RDF).
What’s in it for me?
You will play an important and significant part in the future of a business that has been around for 200 years. Our vision is to become one of the world’s great service companies. So, we will back you in the development of your career, with internal career prospects and flexible working. You will also be backed by a fantastic team of people in a can-do, supportive structure.
What do I need?
- Proven experience in working within large, complex environments in large scale organisation change programs.
- Financial Services experience.
- Mentor and work with other Business Analysts to develop and maintain the requisite project related documentation including any associated evidence requirements.
- Experience in Program Governance activities such as oversight, reporting and financial management.
- Strong stakeholder management / vendor management experience and working with senior stakeholders.
- Facilitation of business solution workshops involving participants from senior management to business users.
- Excellent proficiency in translating and analysing data.
- Experience in Agile delivery, including supporting tools, e.g. Jira / Confluence.
- Advanced user of analytical tools in Excel.
- Presentation skills to high quality and speed: PowerPoint critical and other tools advantageous.
- Operational Risk & Compliance experience
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience desirable
- Knowledge of project management disciplines
- Coaching and mentoring skills
What is it like to work in Westpac?
As well as good pay and a great culture, joining the Westpac family means you will get some of the best banking, wealth, and insurance benefits in the market. We back our employees by helping them work towards industry-recognised qualifications, using online learning, training modules and career planning tools for you to grow with us. We will even pay you to do volunteer or community work. As an equal opportunity employer, we are proud to have created a culture and work environment that values diversity and flexibility – and champions inclusion.
How do I Apply?
Start here. Just click on the APPLY button.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. We invite candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is our top priority. We’ve developed clear standards to ensure our people are confident, safe and healthy whether they’re working from a Westpac Group site or working from home. These are based on expert medical advice and Safe Work Australia guidelines.
Our people are our highest priority, and we are committed to placing our redeployees in available roles before we review other applicants.