Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries and territories, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Chubb Australia is currently experiencing a period of accelerated growth, and as we continue to excel and make our mark in the local market, we are looking for high potential individuals to join our dynamic and fast paced team.
Purpose of Role
The Senior Risk Manager ensures execution, tactical oversight, management and integration of systems and processes throughout the organisation to ensure both a sound risk management and business continuity framework and program exists within Chubb (A&NZ) with a focus on risk identification, assessment, mitigation, regulatory compliance and meeting Chubb local and regional requirements.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Major duties/responsibilities are detailed in the individual’s annual goals. The goals may include items such as:
- Ensure implementation of a standard risk management framework that complies with local Regulatory, Regional and Chubb Global requirements and that processes and procedures are executed timely.
- Partner with the business to train and assist them to identify, assess, and manage and where necessary mitigate risk to meet their strategic objectives. That will include facilitating risk owners in annual plan risk assessments, major project assessment, risk dash boards and ensure awareness of a strong control environment. Act as a member of the project committee.
- Ensure a “business’ focused enterprise risk management committee is established with a focus on the status of major business issues, reporting Key Risk Indicators , tracking Key Exposures to benchmarks, reporting of Emerging Risks (watch list ) items that are significant to Chubb , and identify and track throughout the year those risks having potential to impair meeting planned strategic objectives..
- Organise quarterly Enterprise and Board Risk Committee’s, including setting Agenda’s , collating information ‘packs’ , ensures minutes are reviewed and retained, educate committee members and risk owners.
- Maintain on automated online/ real time ERM system that includes a risk register that meets all internal and external reporting requirements and is embedded into the business via risk owners.
- Ensure ICAAP results are reported in to the risk/finance committee and guidelines/policies are followed throughout out the year. Ensure forward looking risk profile are undertaken by a risk assessment of the business plan
- Implement and maintain a program of internal control self- assessments by the business and in particular those key controls from the risk registers/SOX data etc. Raise/report in control issues with risk committee.
- Ensure implementation of a sound and robust business continuity program/set of standards that complies with Chubb local and global needs as well as regulations. That will also require presenting to auditors, regulators and rating agencies as and when required.
- Ensure the conduct of an annual business continuity exercises is undertaken to best simulate real incidents, including relocation and contingency planning, full documentation of results and reporting to the regulatory authorities in many countries.
- Ensure department business impact analysis (BIA) and BC Plans are reviewed and updated annually as well as the incident management plan.
- Undertake a range of other BCP activities required by Chubb such as country BCP risk assessments, reporting of BCP related key risk indicators to Chubb Global, surveys of Chubb
- BCP readiness, conducting surveys of BCP preparedness of Chubb’s critical third part providers/outsources.
- Undertake and complete regional quarterly reporting of ERM and BCP activities and participate in quarterly Regional conference calls.
Desired Skills and Experience
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in audit, commerce, finance, business or law desirable.
- Knowledge of Financial Services regulatory compliance.
- An understanding of Risk Management principles
- Exceptional oral and written communication, analytical, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively
- Ability to effectively manage change
Chubb is committed to equal employment and celebrates individual differences by creating a workplace environment in which everyone feels welcomed, respected and valued. We offer you the opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and agile environment where continuous development is encouraged throughout your career, both locally and globally. Some additional benefits offered include a flexible working approach via our “My One Thing” initiative, education assistance, dress for your day every Friday, promotion of health and wellbeing (including discounted health insurance, daily breakfast and fresh fruit), and the option to enrol into the Chubb Limited discounted stock purchasing scheme.