- Senior role in our Insurance team
- Working for an industry leader
- Culture focussed on wellbeing and professional development
As one of Australia’s largest profit-to member superannuation funds, our mission is to help our members achieve their personal best retirement outcomes. Rest supports over 200,000 contributing employers, around 1.7 million members and has more than $54 billion of funds under management.
Our team at Rest enjoy a positive culture built around our core values “The Rest Effect”. We seek excellence in everything we do, are dynamic and innovative in the way we work, are always accountable, we are champions of our members and we succeed together.
About the Job
As the result of a recent promotion we are looking for a Service Performance and Governance Manager to join our team. Your role will be to manage the relationship between Rest and our Insurance Partner, ensuring the relationship is optimised through operational governance and continuous relationship management.
An integral member of our Insurance team, you will report to the General Manager, Insurance Solutions, working extensively with our internal teams as well as our outsourced providers. This is a senior role in high performing team working on one of the largest insurance books in Australia.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and managing the operational governance framework, ensuring compliance obligations and vendor management standards are met
- Facilitate optimal two-way communication with our insurance partner as required (e.g. service delivery, projects and issue escalation/resolution)
- Identify priorities for escalation and collaboration with our insurance partner
- Identify opportunities for delivering improved insurance services
- Ensure appropriate data security controls and disaster recovery plans are maintained by 3rd party vendors
- Chair monthly, quarterly business review and governance meetings (joint and Rest only)
- Report and monitor service levels and related metrics and insights to Rest stakeholders
- Assessment, management, and execution of new and/or modified business for vendor delivery
- Work with vendor representatives to develop a strong partnership with a view to continuous improvement of the systems and processes.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving insurance provider’s workforce planning forecast to: agree forecasted staffing and actual FTE staffing, agree forecasted and review actual metrics related to Work Force Management and approve any additional headcount required
- Experienced leader within the insurance industry
- Understanding of insurance administration, policies and practices.
- Experience working with major service providers (e.g. facilitation of governance meetings, escalation, resolution and assessment of the performance of insurance provider)
- Proven experience maintaining compliant and optimal service standards and performance levels.
- Knowledge of best practice customer services and managing service standards.
- Considerable strategic leadership and stakeholder engagement experience, along with a demonstratable strong understanding of the regulatory and compliance obligations that accompany outsourcing arrangements.
- Understanding of risk management and compliance frameworks
- Proven experience leading, coaching and developing small teams
- RG146 or other insurance and superannuation certifications
At Rest we believe that everyone has the power to make a difference and we offer an inclusive and diverse environment that values the qualities and backgrounds that our people bring to the team. We encourage open and diverse thinking, collaboration, innovation and high performance.
We value and support our team members by offering a great range of benefits, including but not limited to;
- flexible work environment (work from home and office)
- Reward program for living our values
- health and wellbeing programs
- tailored development plans to support you to achieve your personal best career outcome