This is an opportunity to join Australia' leading Insurer as they completely transform Risk management within the company. This role sits within the Chief Finance Office inside Group Finance and will be providing commercially minded Risk advice to senior finance SME's and executives.
The business genuinely cares about its employees and is a great place to work. They are in the midst of a Risk Transformation where they are in partnership with the Regulators to ensure they deliver a 1st class Risk culture across the board.
- Risk reporting to management and ability to present to leadership teams when required.
- Control testing workpapers (preparation/review/developing action plans/reporting of results)
- Risk Event Reviews (critical review and closure of risk events in risk systems/ability to support in facilitating any remedial action with 2nd line SME or cross Divisional risk resources)
- Maintaining Compliance Plans (working with SME’s to identify and test key compliance controls/ability to test controls and understand their ability to adhere to regulatory expectations/facilitating discussion between Group Compliance and Business SME to ensure quality of the Compliance Plans are maintained)
- Facilitating Risk Profiling (ability to facilitate risk discussions within the Business Leadership teams/working with SME’s to update and challenge the current risk ratings & controls & emerging risks when refreshing the risk profile/taking knowledge of controls & incidents to provide robust data to support Business Areas to discuss & review their risks)
- 5 years + experience
- Experience working with a Chief Financial Officer either as an Internal/External Auditor or a Line 1 Risk professional all relating to finance processes
- Experience in General Insurance, but experience within Banking or Life Insurance is ok as long as it is within Group Finance
- Strong communications skills as stakeholders are usually SME’s within Finance and in Senior Leadership positions. An ability to communicate the advantages of being risk aware. Examples of the application of a commercial lens when advising on a risk problem will be extremely well regarded.
- Experience conducting end to end controls testing
- Experience with Risk Reporting
For further information on this role or to confidentially apply, please contact Mark Montgomery
on 02 8227 9200
or apply directly via the Apply for this job
button. Only WORD FORMAT
resumes will be accepted.