At GPT we are passionate about creating spaces that go beyond the expectations of our investors, customers and communities. We create value through our focus on strategic investment and management of high quality shopping centres, office towers, logistics centres and business parks and proudly own a number of prime assets across Australia.
Every day we strive to deliver expectational results to achieve our vision to be the most respected property company in Australia. We do this by empowering our people to take initiative and create solutions. We believe our commitment to invest in you is what strengthens the core of our business and keeps us sustainable, focussed and passionate about shaping the future of property in Australia.
About the role
The purpose of the role is to strengthen GPT’s resilience to emerging sustainability risks by identifying, analysing, reporting and managing responses to sustainability risks facing GPT’s business. Climate risk will be a focus and the position will work closely with our business units to ensure strong preparedness to manage this risk. Other sustainability related risks such as water scarcity, biodiversity, environmental compliance and supply chain risk will also require attention. The role will play an important part in GPT’s sustainability data reporting and certifications.
Key responsibilities include
- Direct delivery of climate risk reviews
- Working with asset, capital and development managers to implement climate adaptation pathways
- Managing the Carbon Neutral Certification process in conjunction with the Building Performance Team
- Researching emerging sustainability risks and supporting responses from relevant business units
- Undertaking research, data collation and analysis for the broader Chief Risk Officer team where needed
- Managing GPT’s biodiversity policy commitments
- Supporting compliance with environmental regulations and environmental incident management
- NGERS and Environmental Datapack compilation
- Contributing to the Greenstar Performance and As-built certification processes for GPT buildings
- Supply chain reviews for sustainability risks and opportunities
Your key skills
- An ability to assist the business to understand and develop practical responses to science based issues
- High attention to detail, an enquiring mind and a systematic approach to data analysis and problem-solving
- Excellent digital skills, including a demonstrated ability and experience with Microsoft Excel, database management, platform or technology solution design and maintenance
- A strong focus in entering / reporting data with accuracy and precision
- An ability to work independently, anticipate the needs of business and demonstrate initiative
- An ability to establish strong relationships with key business stakeholders
- Solid interpersonal skills and relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player who can work in collaboration with others
- A willingness to take ownership of all areas of the role and follow through in delivery
What makes you stand out?
- Five years experience or more in climate science or related disciplines with transferrable skills
- Experience in applying risk management approaches to identifying and dealing with sustainability risks and an ability to apply solutions in a business context
- Tertiary qualifications in mathematics or science
- Advanced skills in the use of database and analytical tools / software, using and interpreting climate risk modelling tools
- A strong understanding of the Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosure framework and its application in business risk management and disclosure would be beneficial
- Experience with carbon accounting and reporting would also be considered beneficial
- A working understanding of biodiversity and its challenges
- Exposure to the property industry and sustainability impacts
What makes us stand out?
- Awarded WGEA Employer of Choice 2020
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Broad spectrum of diverse and challenging career opportunities available across the organisation
- Investment in your personal development and future career aspirations
- Competitive remuneration packages and employee benefits
We recognise that providing our people with flexible working options improves our performance, creates opportunities for learning, supports wellbeing and improves our lives outside of work. Our mobile workplace technologies and activity based work environments make working at GPT what you do, not where you do it. Explore your options to achieve flexibility including: generous paid parental leave, tailored hours and flexible scheduling, career breaks, study leave, compressed hours, remote working and leave purchase plans.
What are the next steps?
If this role sounds like you then we want to hear from you! Click the below link to submit your formal application online and a member of the talent team will be in touch.