Be a part of something amazing for Western Australia
Being a part of the Horizon Power team is about building a better future for regional Western Australia. Every day Horizon Power supplies electricity to over 110,000 residents and 10,000 businesses in remote and regional Western Australia. Spanning a service area of 2.3 million square kilometres, we are responsible for the largest geographical catchment of any Australian power provider.
We are passionate about delivering customer-centric energy solutions that drive regional growth, vibrant communities and ensure our customers, including those in some of the most isolated and remote communities in the world, receive cleaner, safe and reliable power.
About the role
Technical Compliance & Investment Assurance Lead reporting to the Manager Network Regulation and Open Access. The primary purpose of position: Liaises between access seekers and Horizon Power internal teams on technical related matters, including connection studies and verifying applicant input information. Reviews options presented in support of New Facilities Investment to verify prudency of approach and compliance with the New Facilities Investment Test.
Facilitate business compliance with Pilbara Network Access Code (PNAC) and the Pilbara Network Rules (PNR) including compiling compliance reports and responding to stakeholder consultation processes as required.
The key aspects of the role are:
- Facilitate New User Access
- Support negotiation of access agreements through review of applicant technical information and engaging with relevant parts of the business for the provision of relevant studies;
- Engage with the Pilbara ISO in relation to applicant studies which impact the overall system. Ensure information relating to application is provided to the ISO including revised network constraint advice and list of approved Technical Rules derogations.
- Manage technical/engineering elements of arbitration and negotiations.
- New Facility Investment Test (NFIT) compliance
- Manage ERA pre-approval submissions for projects above threshold
- Provide impact statements on business cases to ensure PNAC compliance on delivery stage
- Verify business cases above an investment threshold meets NFIT
- Regulatory (PNR) Compliance
- Facilitate Pilbara Network Rules (PNR) changes and provide written response to rule change stakeholder response requests as required
- Stay abreast of any alterations to the PNR and advise internal impacted stakeholders as required.
- Support ISO compliance reporting and stakeholder response activities including engaging with operations staff as required.
- Maintain Compliance Documentation
- Maintain Pilbara network strategy
- Maintain Network system description (as detailed in the PNAC)
- Provide Business Support
- Provide strategic advice for HP initiatives from technical and regulatory perspective as and when required.
- Participate in asset management process to ensure investment governance framework compliance.
- Support the business in the development of Business Case impact assessments
Horizon Power is committed to improving diversity and creating better opportunities. We also recognise the valuable connections and perspectives Aboriginal people bring to the work we do and the regions we service. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who bring talent and passion are strongly encouraged to join us.
In addition to sharing our passion, to be successful in this role you will have:
- Sound knowledge of technical governance documentation for electricity industry in Pilbara (WADCM, HP Technical Rules, System Operations manuals, NWIS network specifications and limitations, etc.);
- Sound knowledge of power system operation and electricity network design;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative;
- High level of competency using Microsoft, Ellipse and other IT software;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of utilities regulations outside WA electricity industry (NEM, NGR, water and rail);
- Knowledge of WA electricity industry regulations (EI Act 2004, EC Act 2005, ENAC, PNAC, PNR, Metering Code, Customer Transfer Code, WAER)
Bachelor degree or higher qualification in Engineering or Science. Minimum of 10 years’ experience required, including minimum 4 years in electricity industry.
Skills and experience:
- Experience in facilitating new network connections, reviewing applicant provided information and facilitating connection studies.
- Experience in assessing Technical Rules compliance.
- Experience in preparing and reviewing new facilities investment tests or similar for the purpose of demonstrating prudent investment decisions.
- Experience in managing a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the business.
- Contract management experience
- Experience in contract management of high-profile access agreements, and participating in ongoing re-negotiation
When you join Horizon Power, you become a part of a diverse and talented team; a group of people who drive innovation, embrace collaboration, and celebrate regional Western Australia.
Apply now via the button below. Applications close 6pm on Thursday 18th March 2021.
We reserve the right to withdraw this advert prior to the closing date