About Business Services
Business Services provides a full range of class leading information technology, facilities management, finance, HR and health and safety services to all operating entities of the University.
About the role
You will be responsible for the design, development, execution, and maintenance of functional, integration and automation testing. You will also carry out testing and quality assurance activities aimed at ensuring that new or changed products and services meet defined requirements and agreed levels of quality.
You will provide input to improving test practice frameworks, standards, processes, practices, guidelines, and templates, and ensure they are understood and are being consistently applied and adhered to. You will be required to engage with stakeholders, communicate status, raise risks, issues and dependencies through the appropriate channels
You will bring to the role your experience in developing, maintaining, executing and debugging automation test scripts for new and existing applications using the current framework and tools. You will also have experience and knowledge of automation frameworks, methodologies, processes, best practices.
You will further have:
- Undergraduate qualifications in a relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training in Testing
- Qualifications in IT, Business or other relevant discipline and/or equivalent mix of education
- Experience of functional testing as well as system integration testing
- Demonstrated experience in Selenium with C#
- Understanding of working with version control (preferably GIT).
- Experience in API testing across multiple formats including REST, SOAP, JSON and XML and associated tools such as Postman or SoapUI.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your motivation to apply for this role and describing what skills you will bring to it. You will further be asked to upload a document with responses against the following selection criteria*:
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteriaPosition Description