ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
CASPA Services Ltd is a not-for-profit organisation providing a range of specialised care services for children and young people and families with complex trauma-based needs and for people with disabilities. We support children, young people and families, people with disability and people with mental illness. Our programs include Therapeutic Intensive Residential Care, Intensive Family Preservation, Therapeutic Foster Care, Restoration, and other associated care types, we are a registered NDIS provider and operate a social enterprise Maintenance and repairs business.
We have approximately 450 employees working in communities across NSW, Queensland, and the Northern Territory.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our young people to ensure we can support each individual need and wants. We value equal employment opportunity and encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a highly organised individual with experience in WHS and Return to Work practices for a care environment, within office and residential housing settings.
• Provide support to the WHS management for the NT programs, identifying and responding to risks
• Assist the WHS Manager in providing staff training across the organisation
• Return to work compliance and assistance
• Maintain document control systems and data records
• Work with CASPA’s Maintenance staff in relation to WHS issues
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Formal (or studying to achieve) qualifications in WHS or demonstrated equivalent knowledge and vocational experience
• Return to work experience and knowledge
• Computer literacy including Microsoft Office
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to deal with a wide variety of employees
• Ability to deal with a variety of day-to-day issues simultaneously
• Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check, Child Protection Check and Working with Children Check.
• CASPA actively supports staff to have a healthy work life balance
• Free gym membership to support your wellbeing as well as a fully established team of therapists and clinicians for your personal wellbeing support
• Access to internal and external training opportunities and workplace mentoring including you own clinical supervision sessions.
• Great professional development opportunities for those who want career progression
• An Employee Assistance Program, a free and confidential counselling service
• As a not-for-profit organisation, our employees are able to take advantage of salary packaging to receive up to $15,900 of their salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits
• Growing organisation with great career opportunities
HOW TO APPLY
Please use SEEK to submit your application.
Applications close January 29, 2021
To ensure that your application is reviewed, include a current Resume, together with a Cover Letter that outlines your suitability to work with traumatised young people.
For further information please visit CASPA's Careers page https://caspacareers.connxcareers.com/.