MEETIG8 Pty Ltd ABN 65 614 414 649 respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
“Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
Collection of personal information
- MEETIG8 will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you enter onto our website, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
- You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your product or service order. We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
What kind of personal information do we collect?
- The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Identifying information such as name, date of birth and employment details;
- contact information such as home address, home and mobile phone numbers and email address;
- Your resume which contains information such as your career, professional experience and education qualifications;
- Financial information, such as bank account and credit card details;
- Sensitive information, including information about your health or health services provided to you;
- Information about your activities, including sporting and other lifestyle interests; and
- Information about involvement in other programs you participate in or memberships you may have.
- You generally have the right not to identify yourself when dealing with us where it is lawful and practicable for us to allow it. However, on many occasions we will not be able to do this, for instance when you wish to register as an Advisor.
- If you do not provide or authorise the provision of personal information we request, we may be unable to provide you with some or all of our products and services or the product and services of third parties.
How we collect your personal information
Use of your personal information
- MEETIG8 may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information, updates and our services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you, provided by us, our partners, service providers and customers. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
- MEETIG8 may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, sms or mail.
Disclosure of your personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisors, agents, suppliers, customers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our services, or for marketing purposes.
- We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of MEETIG8, our website and App and that of our customers or third parties.
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia. It is not practicable to list all the countries in which the information we collect may be located, but these may include the United States, the Philippines, India and New Zealand.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information andnon-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
- Direct marketing communication is any information we may send you to tell you about our services, products, or any other activity which we consider may be of interest to you. In general, we collect this information directly from you. These communications may be sent by various meansincluding mail, email, SMS or telephone, according to applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
- You may opt out of receiving further direct marketing communications from us by using an opt out facility provided in the direct marketing communication. We seek to make this as simple as practicable, and will comply with your request.
- You can also opt out at any time by contacting us by email or writing to us at Level 4, 17-19 Bridge Street, Sydney, NSW 2000.
- At times, we may collect, use or disclose personal information collected from a third party, such as a data list provider for direct marketing purposes. We will provide you with an opt out facility in the direct marketing communication and draw your attention to this fact.
- If we engage another organisation to assist us in carrying out direct marketing on our behalf we will ensure contractual arrangements with our supplier reflect our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Security of your personal information
- MEETIG8 is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Access to your personal information
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you orbelieve that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at info@MEETIG8.com.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Complaints about privacy
- If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to info@MEETIG8.com. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
Website & App
- When you come to our website (www.MEETIG8.com) or use our Mobile Software Application (“App”) we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site or App, such that we can improve our service.
- Our site or App may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that MEETIG8 is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information
Who we are
We are MEETIG8 Limited (company number: 11437820) (“we“) and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This privacy notice will tell you about the personal data we collect from you, how we use this, how we look after it, your privacy rights and how the law protects you and your personal data.
Unless specifically stated otherwise in this policy, we act as data controller in respect of your personal data and are responsible for your personal data.
We operate the MEETIG8 platform in the UK for UK based clients and specialists, which can be accessed at www.meetig8.com (Platform).
How to contact us
About this notice
What personal data do we hold about you, how do we collect this and how is it used?
The personal data we may hold about you depends on the capacity in which you are using the Platform or otherwise engaging with us, which primarily falls into three categories being:
- Where you register as a specialist consultant in the UK (Specialist) to use the Platform;
- Where you (or your employer/business) register as a client in the UK (Client) to use the Platform; and
- Where, other than as a Client or Specialist, you browse and/or submit any personal data to our Platform and/or contact us by email, phone, social media or post (Other User) from the UK.
We have set out below how we collect personal data from these categories of individual, what personal data is collected and how we use the personal data. This personal data may be provided by you or collected by us during your use of the Platform/engagement with us.
|How and what personal data do we collect?||What do we do with your personal data?|
|On registration for an account with us your:
together “Application Data”.
|During your use of the Platform, we may collect technical information about you including your IP address.||
|During your use of the Platform, we may also collect the following:
|On you or your business/employer registering for an account with us:
|When you use or submit information to us using the Platform or any other medium:
Where you are a Specialist, we may carry out automated processing of your personal data
Please let us know if your personal data changes
What lawful basis do we rely on for our use of your personal data?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. The table below sets out our lawful basis for our use of your personal data.
|Use of Personal Data||Lawful Basis|
|Carrying out internal checks to ensure you satisfy our criteria for registration on the Platform and creating your account.||Performance of our contract with you (or preparation for performance) and, in respect of data relating to criminal convictions, protecting the public against dishonesty.|
|Providing our Platform services to you and sending you service updates.||Performance of our contract with you and compliance with a legal obligation.|
|Corresponding with you.||Where the correspondence is in respect of your use of the Platform in connection with a registered account, performance of our contract with you. Otherwise, our legitimate interests of properly servicing our users.|
|Sending you our latest news, events and information, vacancies, clients and industry insights by email and/or SMS.||Our legitimate interests of promoting and expanding our Platform and keeping our users up to date.|
|Reviewing and analysing technical information, browsing history, engagement with our messages and details of your matches.||Our legitimate interests of understanding how Specialists use the Platform so we can improve the Platform and maintain security.|
|Registration of your or your business’/employers’ account with us.||Where we are registering the account in your individual name, performance of our contract with you (or preparation for performance). Where we are registering the account in your business’/employers’ name, our legitimate interests of performing our contract with your business/employer.|
|Providing our Platform services to you or your business/employer and sending you service updates.||Where you are our Client, performance of our contract with you. Where your business/employer is our client, our legitimate interests of performing our contract with your business/employer.|
|Corresponding with you.||Where you are our Client and the correspondence is in respect of your account, performance of our contract. Otherwise, our legitimate interests of properly servicing our Clients.|
|Sending you our latest news, information, and industry insights by email and/or SMS.||Our legitimate interests of promoting and expanding our Platform and keeping our users up to date.|
|To deal with and respond to your query.||Our legitimate interests of responding to queries we receiving and properly servicing our potential clients/specialists.|
|Sending you our latest news, information and industry insights by email.||Your consent.|
|Reviewing and analysing technical information.||Our legitimate interests of reviewing understanding how our Platform is used so we can improve the Platform.|
Disclosures of your personal data
In addition, we may share your personal data with our carefully selected third party service providers including the following:
- Our Platform host, Microsoft Azure.
- Our IT service providers.
- Any marketing agencies we may engage from time to time.
- Our regulatory due diligence service providers.
- Our professional advisers, including lawyers, accountants and insurers, as required by them from time to time to enable them to effectively advise us.
- Any company within our group of companies.
- We require all third party service providers to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Required disclosures to third parties
We may make the following disclosures of your personal data to third parties, where required:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any contract between you (or your employer/business) and us or to protect the rights, property, or safety of MEETIG8 Limited, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- to HM Revenue & Customs, regulatory and other authorities who require this information for any purpose.
Where we store your personal data and when there may be international transfers of your personal data
We may need to share your personal data within the MEETIG8 Group. This may involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). In particular, your personal data will be stored on our group database held by MEETIG8 Pty Ltd in Australia. Such transfers are necessary for the performance of our contracts with Clients and Specialists (or to carry out pre-contractual steps with potential Clients/Specialists).
As set out above, our Platform is hosted by Microsoft Azure in Sydney so when you upload personal data to our Platform this will be transferred outside the EEA. Microsoft Azure complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield (which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US) and also the EU Model Clauses (which are specific clauses approved by the European Commission giving personal data the same protection as it would have in Europe).
How we will protect your data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We will limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who need to know such information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
How long we will store your personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for your personal data are set out below:
- We will keep information you provide to us when you contact us in respect of a query (in cases where we do not have a business relationship with you or your employer/business) for six months following the date on which we finish dealing with your query.
- We will keep information you provide to us and which we collect about you during your registration for and use of the Platform for so long as you are a member of the Platform and for a period of up to two years thereafter.
- Where you have requested to receive our newsletter but you have not registered for an account to use the Platform, we will retain your email address for so long as you wish to continue receiving emails from us or, if less, 24 months after your last “engagement” with us.
- We will keep technical information collected about you for no more than one month following collection.
- We do not retain (other than within our own social media profile) or export to our system any personal data we obtain from your social media profile for any purpose.
You have the following rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you:
- a right of access to a copy of such personal data;
- a right to object to processing on the basis of our legitimate interests that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress to you;
- a right to object to processing for direct marketing;
- a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked or destroyed;
- a right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- a right in certain circumstances to request that your personal data be transferred to you or another provider;
- a right to request erasure of the personal data we hold about you; and
- a right not to be subject to a decision based on solely automated processing which produces legal or other significant effects on you.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details below.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following short lasting cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|country-m8||Select Meetig 8 country||User country location||365 days|
|popup||Assignments pop up||Browse Assignment popup||365 days|
|_ga||Google tracking||Google Aanalytics||365 days|
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies please note that some parts of our website may become inaccessible or not function properly.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after